Johnson Guitars: How to Choose the Right One for You
Johnson guitars were founded by luthier Dale Johnson in the late 1970s in California. The company gained a lot of attention in the early 1980s due to its unique designs and high-quality components. Johnson was known for his innovative design techniques and for the use of non-traditional materials such as graphite and carbon fiber in his guitars.
Johnson guitars were also known for their bright and colorful finishes. Johnson guitars were popular among many guitarists in the 1980s and 1990s, including Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, and Joe Satriani.
Introduction To Johnson Guitars
Johnson Guitars is a leading manufacturer of high-quality acoustic and electric guitars, basses, and related accessories. Founded in 1972 by master luthier and innovator, Steve Johnson, Johnson Guitars has been crafting world-class instruments for over 40 years.
With a commitment to quality craftsmanship and a passion for the art of guitar making, Johnson Guitars is dedicated to offering musicians the finest instruments for their playing needs. From its humble beginnings, Johnson Guitars has grown to become one of the most respected names in the guitar industry, with a wide variety of instruments that have been used by some of the most influential musicians of all time.
Johnson Guitars has continued to innovate over the years, introducing new models, technologies, and features that have helped to shape the modern guitar market. Whether you’re a beginner looking for an affordable starter guitar or a professional musician searching for a high-end instrument to take your playing to the next level, Johnson Guitars has something for everyone.
Now that you are about to purchase your first acoustic guitar specifically for songwriting. You are wise to get some information first.
Technically any guitar could be used to write a song, but some guitars have a look, feel, and sound that inspires and Johnson guitars is one of them. Additionally there are a couple things about some guitars that I believe can hinder the songwriting process. Quality tuners will avoid the distraction of trying to write that hit with a guitar that is constantly dropping out of tune.
High action- action being the distance between the strings and the neck- can make it difficult to physically press the strings down. That’s not only a potential distraction, but if the action’s bad enough, it can discourage you from writing at all.
And be sure the guitar feels comfortable. If you’re a five foot tall female a jumbo flattop probably won’t work. Even worse you might start out fidgeting around trying to get comfortable and end up writing the next Hokey Pokey or Macarena. Yes, you’ll make millions of dollars but then there goes your credibility 🙂
As far as tone you want that rich sound of quality wood. For that reason I’d avoid the Applause and Ovation plastic/fiberglass back guitars. They tend to have a lot of high end but lack the resonance of real wood. Not good.
I’d advise looking at guitars in the $350 and up price range. You’ll typically find better tuners, better action and better quality in general above that price point. If you’re writing songs you’re past beginner stage, don’t settle for an entry level instrument. Note that most music stores offer substantial discounts off the retail price as standard practice and often discount further for cash buyers. A little poking around in online research mode before actually purchasing can save you a lot of dollars at checkout.
Note that several companies have guitars designed for songwriter’s. Johnson guitars offers their Songwriter Series, Gibson has a similar model and there are likely others. I’m not sure they’re any better than any other well selected acoustic; apparently the theory is that they’ve done the work for you.
If you’re expecting any guitar to automatically write your first hit for you I expect you’ll be disappointed no matter how carefully it was chosen. But take the time to find the right one and it just might inspire you to write your own first hit! A la tuhuelpa legria macarena eeeh, Macarena!
10 Advantages of Johnson Guitars
1. Rich, warm tone – Johnson guitar is known for their rich and warm tones, ideal for producing a more mellow and subtle sound.
2. Durable – J-guitars are built to last, constructed with sturdy materials and designed with strong components.
3. Quality craftsmanship – J-guitars are crafted with precision and care, offering both comfort and excellent sound quality.
4. Great for beginners – J-guitars offer a great starting point for new guitarists, thanks to their easy-to-play neck and body design.
5. Affordable – J-guitars are often more affordable than many of the other leading brands, making them an excellent choice for those on a budget.
6. Variety of models – Johnson offers a wide selection of guitars to choose from, ranging from electric to acoustic, and both classic and modern designs.
7. Innovative design – Johnson guitars feature unique designs and cutting-edge technology, making them stand out among other guitar brands.
8. Versatility – Johnson-guitars offer a range of sounds, making them great for a variety of styles and genres.
9. Lightweight – Johnson-guitars are lightweight and portable, making them ideal for traveling musicians.
10. Great customer service – Johnson-guitars come with a lifetime warranty and excellent customer service, ensuring that your guitar will last for years to come.
The Excellence of Johnson Guitars
Johnson-guitars are renowned for their excellent craftsmanship and beautiful tone. The company has been in business since the late 1990s and has become one of the most respected brands in the guitar industry. Their guitars are known for their superb playability, unique designs, and affordability.
Johnson-guitars are made with high-quality materials and feature components from some of the best manufacturers in the world. Additionally, J-guitars are highly customizable, allowing players to tailor the instrument to their own playing style. From beginner to professional, Johnson-guitars are perfect for any musician.
One of the key features of Johnson guitars is their attention to detail. The company takes great care to ensure that each guitar is built to the highest standards. Their construction process involves multiple inspections at each step, from the selection of raw materials to the final assembly.
This results in guitars with superior sound quality and playability. Additionally, J-guitars feature a variety of unique body shapes and finishes, allowing players to find the perfect look for their instrument.
The quality of J-guitars is also reflected in their tone. The company uses high-grade woods and components, allowing their instruments to produce a rich, full-bodied sound. Johnson-guitars are designed to provide players with a wide range of tonal possibilities, ranging from the bright, vibrant tones of their electric guitars to the mellow warmth of their acoustic models.
Types of Johnson Guitars
There is no set price for J-guitars as they come in a wide variety of models and styles. Prices range from around $100 to over $1000 depending on the model, condition, and features.
To purchase a Johnson-guitar for yourself, you can visit music retailers in your local area or shop online for the best deals. You can also find used Johnson guitars through various online retailers and auction sites.
1. Johnson JG-640 Acoustic Guitar
2. Johnson JD-12-NSM Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
3. Johnson JG-636-N Cutaway Acoustic/Electric Guitar
4. Johnson JG-636-WH Acoustic/Electric Guitar
5. Johnson JG-620-N Acoustic/Electric Guitar
6. Johnson JG-630-N Deluxe Acoustic/Electric Guitar
7. Johnson JG-650-N Acoustic/Electric Guitar
8. Johnson JG-638-N Acoustic/Electric Guitar
9. Johnson JG-646-N Acoustic/Electric Guitar
10. Johnson JG-630-N Left-Handed Acoustic/Electric Guitar
Finally, Johnson guitars are extremely affordable, making them an ideal choice for beginners and budget-minded musicians. The company’s instruments are competitively priced and offer great value for money. In addition, J-guitars come with a limited lifetime warranty, demonstrating the company’s commitment to customer satisfaction. If this post has entertained you, share it and keep visiting Efogator Entertainments