How to start Aloe Vera Gel Business
In recent times, there has been a shift towards using organic and natural substances and products worldwide. The widespread use of chemicals and fertilizers in our daily consumption of food has resulted in an upsurge in diseases contributing to an unhealthy lifestyle. This article is all about How to start Aloe Vera gel business.
Consequently, the business industry has witnessed a rise in organic and natural product ventures. Among them is Aloe Vera farming which has emerged as a popular business, generating increasing demand in the market due to the benefits associated with the plant.
What is Aloe Vera Farming?
Similar to cultivating other fundamental commodities, Aloe Vera Farming involves planting and nurturing Aloe Vera on a piece of land or a designated plot. Numerous individuals grow Aloe Vera in their own homes, as it boasts diverse medicinal properties and benefits for the skin.
One can select any location to set up their Aloe Vera Farm, but it is crucial to ensure that it is positioned away from water and receives maximum exposure to sunlight and heat. A minimum of eight hours of daily sunlight is mandatory for Aloe Vera to thrive.
Types of Aloe Vera
When it comes to farming Aloe Vera, there are 4 major types you must bear in mind. Each of these 4 species will give you a far fetch difference with respect to the quality of the same. Depending upon your plans related to the target audience or commercial buyers. Below are the major 4 types of Aloe Vera:
• IEC 111271
• IEC 11126
Aloe Vera Gel Business: Aloe Vera Market Trends
The growing awareness about the advantages of natural and chemical-free products in mitigating various health issues is driving the recognition of aloe Vera. As a result, the demand for the cultivation and enlargement of aloe Vera is expected to rise in India in the coming years.
For individuals leading busy and stressful lifestyles, health and skin problems are common. Aloe Vera is a reliable natural ingredient that provides superior outcomes compared to chemical alternatives. This understanding is motivating consumers to shift towards natural products instead of conventional ones.
Aloe Vera Gel Business: Market Growth
While the demand for this product remains robust globally, emerging markets like India and China are projected to witness high growth rates. The average aloe Vera yield per hectare of land ranges from 15 to 20 tonnes, but with improved irrigation and management, it can be increased to 30 to 35 hectares.
Interestingly, India’s aloe Vera market is anticipated to reach $242 million in 2022, driven by growing consumer interest in natural alternatives and herbal nutraceuticals.
Aloe Vera Gel Business: Climatic Conditions
To ensure optimal growth of your Aloe Vera farm, it’s vital to understand the climate and surroundings that are conducive for its flourishing. Failure to meet certain climatic conditions can impede the growth of your plants.
One critical condition for successful Aloe Vera cultivation is exposure to sunlight. Plants need at least 8 hours of sunlight to thrive, so choose a location that receives sufficient sunlight.
In addition, your farm should be located in an area that does not experience heavy rainfall. Aloe Vera requires minimal exposure to rain between 60mm to 300mm to grow undisturbed and produce high-quality leaves. Avoid regions with cold, humid or frosty temperatures.
Sandy or well-drained soil, particularly black cotton-type soils is optimal for Aloe Vera cultivation. Unlike other crops, Aloe Vera can tolerate high levels of potassium or sodium salts in the soil and even a pH of up to 8.5.
Another critical factor for the success of your farm is ensuring the water is running and not stagnant. Stagnant water can lead to water logging, but you can prevent this issue by implementing proper drainage.
One of the most crucial steps in starting an Aloe Vera Farm business is the preparation of the land which determines the quality of the final product. Proper timing and careful attention to the following details are crucial in this regard.
Preparations of the Land
1. It is better to prepare the land before the monsoon season to ensure optimal growth. This is a common practice in Aloe Vera farming.
2. Soil particles should be separated and drainage system should be well constructed. The salt and pH levels of the soil should also be checked. The pathways should be designed to avoid stagnant water.
3. Regular application of compost and a balanced dosage of potassium, sodium and phosphorus are necessary for the plant’s growth and development.
Proliferation of Aloe Vera Plants
Aloe Vera is typically propagated by planting offshoots or offsets of a parent plant directly into the soil. Here are the steps for proper Aloe Vera plant proliferation:
1. Aloe Pups, or the offshoots of the parent plant, which share the same root system, are planted directly on the farm.
2. Once the Aloe Pups have sprouted a few leaves, they can be carefully removed from the parent plant without disturbing the root system and planted in the soil after ensuring that there is no contamination.
3. Many farm owners initially plant the Aloe Pups in potted soil and move them to the field after proper growth. Caution must be taken to avoid over-watering the Aloe Pups.
4. After about 9 months, a full-fledged Aloe Vera plant with thick, fleshy leaves will emerge. Harvesting should be done in the morning or evening hours.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a versatile plant that offers numerous benefits, and extracting gel from its leaves is a popular way to utilize its properties. Our experts have compiled a list of benefits that Aloe Vera provides in various fields. Here are some of the benefits of Aloe Vera:
• Contains beneficial plant compounds
• Moisturizes dry skin
• Reduces inflammation
• Possesses antioxidant and antibacterial properties
• Acts as a facial scrub
• Soothes psoriasis flare-ups
• Accelerates the healing of burns
• Treats acne
• Eases cold sores
• Reduces dental plaque
• Ideal for sensitive skin
• Helps treat canker sores
• Aids in weight loss
• Relieves constipation
• Reduces hair fall
• Improves skin tone and prevents wrinkles
• Lowers blood sugar levels