When gas is trapped, it feels like a stabbing pain in your chest or abdomen. The pain can be sharp enough to send you to the emergency room, thinking it’s a heart attack, or appendicitis, or your gallbladder.
Producing and passing gas is a normal part of your digestion. But when a bubble of gas gets stuck inside you, you want to relieve the pain as fast as possible. And if you have other symptoms, it’s a good idea to find out what’s causing the pain.
What is Gas and Bloating?
Gas and bloating is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach.The inflammatory lesion may be either acute or chronic.Most of the people are suffering from this problem.When your tummy is stretched you feel uncomfortable.There are so many ways to banish bloating.
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea,vomit,headache and dizziness
- Pain and discomfort in the region of stomach
- Coated tongue,foul breath increased flow of saliva
- Scanty urination
- Bad taste in mouth
- In more chronic cases,the patient complaints of heart burn and feeling of fullness in the abdomen.
- Habitual over eating
- Eating of badly combined or improperly cooked food
- Excessive intake of strong tea,coffee,alcohol drinks
- Large quantities of condiments and sauces.
- Some other causes are worry,anxiety,grief,tension.
- Using of certain drugs and caustic substances.
10 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Gas and Bloating:
Coconut water is an excellent remedy for gas and bloating tummy.It gives necessary rest to the stomach and provides vitamins and minerals.
Potato juice is beneficial in this treatment,half cup of the juice 2 or 3 times daily half an hour before meals will give great result.
3. Start with fiber:
Start morning with fiber contained food such as cereal packed with fiber to get things moving.
To prevent gas and bloating due to gas forming, chew ginger piece after meal otherwise add fresh ginger to your food to control the gas forming in stomach.
5. Apple cider vinegar:
Add two spoons of apple cider vinegar in warm water and allow it to become room temperature before drinking it.You will get instant relief from gas trouble.If you have no availability of apple cider vinegar try normal vinegar.
6. Turmeric leaves:
Drink chopped turmeric leaves with 1 cup of milk daily for a better and noticeable result.
7. Baking soda & lemon juice:
Put the juice of fresh lemon in a glass and add baking soda to it.Finally add cup of water and stir properly.Drink these slowly and soon you will get relief.For instant relief add baking soda in 1 cup of water drink it in the morning on empty stomach.
The herb marigold is also considered beneficial in the treatment of gas and bloating tummy.An infusion of the herb in doses of a tablespoon taken twice daily.
9. Apply pressure on abdomen:
To remove gas,massage your abdomen in the direction of where gastrointestinal tract.Press the fingers near to right hip across and down near colon.
It provides great relief from gas form,heating quality and pungent odour of garlic will gives more relief from gas trouble and bloating tummy.you can take grinded garlic and boil them in water and add small amount of pepper and cumin seeds.Strain it allow to become room temperature.Drink this daily 2 to 3 times for a better result.
Important tips to follow for people who are suffering with gas and bloating:
- The habits that causes you to swallow excess of air such as chewing a gum,drinking juices through straw,talking while eating etc……
- Avoid alcohol,chewing tobacco,smoking,spicy food,strong coffee/tea.
- Do not take too many different foods in a single meal.
- Balance diet
- Patient should avoid mental tensions and hard physical activities.
- Breathing exercises are very beneficial at that time.
- Eat your food slowly,without forbid air enter your system.
- Do exercise regularly.
- Don’t consume dairy and poultry products (such as milk,eggs etc….)
- Chew your food properly it helps you in digest properly.Eating food quickly leads to cause bloating in stomach.
- Undigested food can pass in to large intestine and killed by bacteria,which releases gas in that process.
- Avoid straws if you use straws may swallow more air.
- Never sleep after eating your meal.
- Avoid carbonated stuff,chewing gum,sugar,etc..these things causes bloating problems.
- Consuming potassium rich foods to regulate fluid balance in the body.