The “Research Antibodies Market By Product, By Antibody Type, By Technology, By Application, By End-Users, 2017-2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
A significant rise in research activities in the field of stem cells and neurobiology is one of the key factors stimulating the growth of the market.
The Global Research Antibodies Market size was valued at USD 3.35 Billion in 2019 and is forecast to reach USD 5.33 Billion, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.9% through 2027, according to the latest report. Market growth is driven by a rise in research activities in the field of stem cells, along with the growing prevalence of neurological and blood disorders. The WHO estimates that nearly 27 million babies across the globe are born with some blood disorder. As of 2008, there were approximately 100,000 children suffering from thalassemia, an inherited blood disorder, in India alone.
Stem cell therapies are gaining massive popularity as they offer the potential for discerning and regenerating new cells in the human body, thereby curing or lessening the effect of life-threatening diseases like oncological and blood-related disorders. The cord blood stem cells offer the potential to treat over 80 blood-related ailments, such as leukemia, lymphomas, sickle cell disease, and others.
The rise in funding for R&D activities is positively impacting the research antibodies market. Over 2014 and 2017, the investment in healthcare R&D by the United States has witnessed a growth of 18.1%. Moreover, in 2017, the overall expenditure on healthcare R&D was USD 182.30 billion. The growing modality rate of cancer and other deadly diseases and demand for high-quality antibodies for research reproducibility will foster research antibodies market share over the forecast period.
Key findings from the report suggest
- Based on product type, the primary antibodies segment is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% over the analysis period. In immunoassays, primary antibodies are of major importance to bind to the target antigen.
- On the basis of technology, the western blotting segment is set to witness major gains over the forecast period on account of its capacity to detect picogram levels of protein in a sample, making it ideal for use in several applications as an effective early diagnostic tool. Additionally, it enables researchers to direct label primary antibodies, thereby eliminating the requirement for secondary antibodies.
- Based on application, the oncology segment contributed significantly to the market revenue share in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% over the analysis period.
- In terms of end-use, the academics & research institutes segment held the second-largest market share of the research antibodies industry in 2019 and are likely to exhibit a CAGR of 5.2% through 2027.
- In the regional landscape, the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to experience the fastest growth rate of 7.1% through 2027 on account of the growth of the pharmaceutical industry, acceptance of innovative methods for antibody production, and surge in R&D activities for antibodies in the region, among others.
- Europe held the second-largest share in the research antibodies market share in 2019 and is forecast to exhibit a CAGR of 5.7% through 2027.
- North America is estimated to showcase a notable CAGR of 5.2% over the forecast period on account of the growing prevalence of blood diseases and neurological diseases, increased investment in medical R&D activities, technological advancements in proteomics research, growing demand for personalized medicine, and the presence of leading market players in the region.
Prominent players in the global antibodies market are Becton, Lonza Group, Agilent Technologies, Dickinson and Company, Abcam PLC, Bio-Rad Laboratories, PerkinElmer, Inc., Merck Millipore, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Cell Signaling Technology Inc., and F.Hoffmann-La Roche AG, among others.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
Chapter 4. Research Antibodies Segmentation & Impact Analysis
Chapter 5. Research Antibodies Market By Product Insights & Trends
Chapter 6. Research Antibodies Market By Antibody Type Insights & Trends
Chapter 7. Research Antibodies Market By Technology & Trends
Chapter 8. Research Antibodies Market By Application Insights & Trends
Chapter 9. Research Antibodies Market By End-Users Insights & Trends
Chapter 10. Research Antibodies Market Regional Outlook
Chapter 11. Competitive Landscape
Chapter 12. Company Profiles
- Dickinson Co.pany
- Lonza Group
- Agilent Technologies
- Abcam PLC
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Merck Millipore
- F.Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Cell Signaling Technology Inc.,
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/le5hok
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900