Thyme is a Mediterranean herb with dietary, medicinal, and ornamental uses. The flowers, leaves, and oil of thyme have been used to treat a range of symptoms and complaints. These include diarrhea, stomach ache, arthritis, and sore throat.
FACTS ABOUT THYME:
• Thyme is thought to have antibacterial, insecticidal, and possibly antifungal properties.
• People used thyme throughout history for embalming and to protect from the Black Death.
• Forms of thyme include fresh and dried herbs and essential oil.
• It has antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties.
• It’s packed with antioxidants.
• It contains a compound that calms the nervous system.
• It contains essential vitamins and minerals.
• It may be a natural cough remedy.
This post is a republication from our sister site: Pregistry.com