Who Is Elon Musk
Elon Musk is a celebrity of a kind, he is currently considered the richest person in the world, is the CEO of SpaceX Company and Tesla Inc. He is the charismatic inventor of electric cars and space rockets. Elon Musk is also the co-founder of PayPal. Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa. He spent most of his life in South Africa before moving to the United States.
Early Childhood and Education of Elon Musk
Elon Reeve Musk popularly known as Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, one of South Africa’s three major cities in 1971. His father, Errol Musk was an engineer, while his mother, Maye Musk was a dietitian and a model.
- Elon is the eldest child of three siblings. They are all high-achieving individuals in life.
• At age 8 as a child, he read 10 hours a day; started reading Encyclopedia Britannica after exhausting all the books in the local library.
• At age 10, he got his first computer and completed a 6 months BASIC course in 3 days.
• At age 12, Elon created a video game Blaster, which he later sold for $500.
• At age 14, he was overtaken by an existential crisis, read, “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to The Galaxy” and realized that in life, the question is more important than the answer.
• At age 17, he got enrolled into the University of Pretoria, South Africa and studied Physics.
• At age 18, he migrated to Canada to study at a college in Ontario where he caught internet fever.
• Age age 21 Elon Musk got admitted into the University of Pennsylvania where he received two bachelors degrees – in Physics and Economics.
• At age 24, he got admission into the university of Stanford, but for reasons best known to him, he left after just two days.
• These days, Elon Musk engages in everyday personal study and development.
What kind of education do you think he had? Quite often people think only about his university background. Elon Musk’s education began much earlier. As a young child, he asked: “Where does the world start and end?” It’s certainly not every child that has such questions on their mind.
Elon Musk’s education background is rich. When he was 8 years old, once he had read all the books in the local library, he started reading the Encyclopaedia Britannica – a wide-ranging English-language encyclopaedia. It is difficult to imagine how one could concentrate on reading for 10 hours a day, but it was Elon’s favorite hobby. And thanks to his awesome photographic memory he retained all that new information. Elon Musk’s homeschool education curriculum was full of books on many different aspects of life.
After his parents’ divorce, Elon stayed with his father. He spent his early years in South Africa. He was a reserved boy. For example, he pretended to be deaf although he was not. He was bullied at school and did not stand up for himself. Once, some boys broke his nose kicking him down the stairs. His relationships with his peers were not good. Probably, it was the after-effects of the divorce, that led to him immersing himself in his hobby and disliking communication.
He was presented with his first computer, a Commodore VIC-20 when he was 10 years old. Elon used it for programming. The BASIC course he took was designed to last 6 months, but he completed it in 3 days. His habit of needing to understand everything new thoroughly was invaluable. Perhaps, it was the reason he wrote the game Blaster at the age of 12, which he later sold for $500.
He was overcome by an existential crisis when he was 14 years old. He read “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” and decided, that his mission would be world salvation. Elon emigrated to Canada with his brother in order to avoid military conscription in South Africa.
With no-one waiting for him there, he spent his first year job-hunting. He worked on sawmill for a salary – $18 per hour. He worked in a narrow tunnel removing hot coals, sand and mud. It was impossible to move aside.
By the end of the first week only 3 of the original 30 workers remained, including Elon. He tested himself in many different occupations, even those not related to his interests. So, Elon Musk’s skills and characteristics are quite diverse.
Elon Musk Family Lineage
1. Kimbal Musk
Kimbal Musk is Elon’s younger brother who is an environmentalist and venture investor and he is doing very well for himself.
2. Tosca Musk
Tosca Musk is his younger sister, and the only female among the siblings is an award-winning producer and director who is also doing very well.
Elon’s parents are Engr. Errol Musk, his father, and his mother, Mrs. Maye Musk
Joshua Haldeman, Walter Henry James Musk, Cora Amelia Robinson, Wyn Haldeman
Harry Musk, Almeda Haldeman, John Elon Haldeman, Lucy Frances Musk, John Robinson
Elon presently has 4 nephews, they are Grayson Musk, Isabeau Musk, Luca Musk, August Musk
Elon Musk’s Wife
Elon Musk has been married twice, he married Justine Musk between 2000–2008, and Talulah Riley between 2010–2012. Presently he is not married, however, he has been in a relationship with Canadian singer-songwriter Claire Elise Boucher, professionally known as Grimes, who has had a son since 2018.
Elon Musk’s Children
Elon Musk and his wife are the parents of six children. Griffin, Xavier, Damian, Saxon, Kai, and X Æ A-Xii are among those present.
Elon Musk Business Startups
Musk established Zip2, a startup that provided business directories and maps to online newspapers, in 1995. Zip2 was bought by computer maker Compaq for $307 million in 1999, and Musk later launched an online financial services firm, X.com, which ultimately changed its name to PayPal, which specializes in online money transfers.
In 2002, he founded Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX) to develop more affordable rockets. The first two rockets it launched were the Falcon 1 (first launched in 2006) and the larger Falcon 9 (first launched in 2010), designed to be less expensive than other rockets.
The Falcon Heavy (first launched in 2018) rocket was designed to deliver 117,000 pounds (53,000 kg) to orbit, about double the weight of its most powerful competitor, Boeing Co.’s Delta IV Heavy, at one-third the price. SpaceX has presented a Falcon 9, and Falcon Heavy Super Heavy-Starship System upgrade.
Musk was always intrigued by the potential of electric cars. In 2004, he became one of the primary investors to Tesla Motors (later renamed Tesla), the electric car startup created by two businesspeople, Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning. Tesla introduced their first vehicle, the Roadster, in 2006, which could go 245 miles (394 kilometers) on a single charge.
In contrast to Musk’s prior electric cars, which he thought were dull and uninteresting, the Roadster was a sports automobile that could go from 0 to 60 miles (97 km) in four minutes. The company’s initial public offering garnered around $226 million.
A few years later, Tesla launched the Model S vehicle, which automotive journalists received for its design and performance. Tesla was also recognized for its Model X premium SUV, which debuted in 2015. Model 3, a more affordable automobile, was introduced in 2017.
Elon Musk Acquired Twitter for $44 Billion Dollars
Elon Musk has Acquired the One of the Biggest Social Media Platform Twitter for About 44 Billion Dollars.Twitter Present CEO Parag Agarwal has Expressed his views on the Acquisition by Elon Musk as a Beginning of an Unpredicted Future for Twitter.
The Board of members of Twitter will be Dismissed with Immediate Effect. The Present CEO may also Quit Twitter with about 42 Million Dollars[Rs 321 Crores in hand as Compensation.Elon Musk is not happy with the Twitter Management Board as Twitter is Running In Loss.
How Old is Elon Musk?
Elon Musk was born in 1971 to a South African father and a Canadian mother, May Musk. She will be 51 in 2022.
Elon Musk Net Worth 2022
Elon Musk is the world’s second-wealthiest individual, with an estimated net worth of $286 billion.
• Musk has risen to the top of the wealthiest list at an unprecedented rate in the recent year, indicating a tremendous shift in his fortune.
• Musk’s fortune has grown at the fastest rate in recent memory in the last year. It’s an incredible reversal for the billionaire, who was in the news only 18 months ago for his capital burn at Tesla and leverage against the corporation.
• Musk’s net worth of $27 billion prevented him from ranking among the top 50 wealthiest persons in the world in 2020.
• Tesla’s overall worth has increased by more than $150 billion due to its skyrocketing share price, which has increased ninefold for the year.
• Elon Musk is the CEO of Tesla Electric Car Company, which manufactures the parts and batteries for these cars. Musk also manufactures solar power systems. Musk’s company, Tesla, has come a long way. Tesla’s market value is higher than that of many automakers. According to Bloomberg, Musk’s net worth is his $228 billion as of this writing.
• According to some reports, despite his wealth, he essentially pays no income tax. In 2004, Elon Musk laid the foundation for an electric car company called Tesla.
• Elon laid the groundwork for this car by saying that the future would be all electric. Elon Musk believes that people will live on other planets in the future, which is why he started space exploration.
• The program has been named Space X and is currently trying to build a base on Mars.
How Much Did Elon Musk Pay For Twitter?
In April 2022, Elon Musk made an offer to buy Twitter for $54.20 per share. However, Twitter has accepted to sell the company to Musk after inking his $46.5 billion deal.
Elon Musk Education
Musk moved to Canada at age 17, attended Queen’s University, and fled military service in South Africa. Musk thought it would be easier for him to obtain American citizenship, so he obtained Canadian citizenship the same year. Musk moved to the United States in 1992 to study economics and physics at the University of Pennsylvania. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and then a Bachelor’s degree in Physics. Mr. Musk received his doctorate from Stanford University in California. After he left Pen, he received a PhD in Energy Physics. But that PhD left Stanford in just two days to launch his first company, so he didn’t get Elon Musk’s degree.
In April 2022, he claimed not to own the house. “I don’t even have an apartment now. I literally live in a friend’s house,” Musk said in an interview shared on TED’s YouTube. “The bay where most of Tesla’s technology is located. When he travels to the area, he basically goes around a friend’s spare room.”
Surprising Facts About Elon Musk
• He almost sold Tesla to Google
According to Ashlee Vance’s book Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, during a rough time in Tesla’s history, Musk approached Google CEO Larry Page about buying the failed car company. The two reportedly originally agreed a sale price of $6 billion to him in 2013, which never materialized.
• He has lots of kids
Musk has seven children, five with ex-wife Justin and two with musician Grimes. He had a son named Nevada, who died of SIDS in 2002. Wall His Streets In a 2021 interview with his journal, he said civilization would collapse if people stopped having children. He said, “I try to set a good example. Yes. You have to practice what you preach,” he said.
• He’s the richest person in the world
Musk’s business has made him very wealthy. His estimated wealth exceeds his $200 billion and he currently tops the list of the richest people in the world. Yes Billions. His estimates have fluctuated recently due to changes in the stock market as some of his wealth is tied up in, Tesla stock.
• He used PayPal money to develop SpaceX.
Musk founded SpaceX in 2002, an aerospace company that currently launches spacecraft that carry supplies and astronauts to the International Space Station. Musk was able to start the company with his $100 million earned when eBay acquired PayPal.
• What does Elon Musk do at Tesla?
Elon Musk is officially listed on the company’s website as co-founder and CEO of Tesla. In its 2021 filing, the company announced another title for Musk as “Tesla’s Techno King.”
• In 1999 he sold the company for $307 million. Musk said he co-founded X.com, an online payments start-up in 1999 that became PayPal and was bought by eBay for $1.5 billion in stock (of which Musk said he received $165 million).
• Musk co-founded Tesla Motors, a company that designs and builds electric sports cars. Tesla has succeeded where other major manufacturers in the electric vehicle space have failed. He is currently his CEO and chief product architect at Tesla.
• The National Highway Safety Administration has given the Tesla Model S a 5.4/5 safety rating. This is the highest rating given to a car.
• Musk is one of the driving forces behind SolarCity, which he and his cousins founded. He is also a major shareholder of the company.
• Elon Musk also founded SpaceX, formerly known as Space Exploration Technologies, a rocket design and manufacturing company focused on rocket technology. His goal is to reduce the cost of space travel and extend human life beyond Earth. Musk initially struggled to raise money for SpaceX, but investors dismissed it as a pipe dream. Musk has poured all of his personal money into his SpaceX to make it happen (against all his business advice ever written).
Musk’s early interests in philosophy, science fiction, and fantasy fiction are reflected in his idealism and interest in human progress, as well as his business career. He works in areas he has identified as critical to the future of humanity, particularly the transition to renewable energy sources, space exploration, and the Internet. Musk has defied critics, disrupted the industry, and made more money than ever before from PayPal, Tesla Motors, SolarCity, and SpaceX. With his recent acquisition of Twitter, Musk has promised to continue his role in shaping the future of technology.
Elon Musk Awards and Honors:
• In 2006, Musk was a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences Aeronautics and Space Engineering Board.
• Inc. magazine Entrepreneur of the Year award for 2007 for his work on Tesla and SpaceX.
• 2007 Index Design award for his design of the Tesla Roadster. Global Green 2006 product design award for his design of the Tesla Roadster, presented by Mikhail Gorbachev.
• American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics George Low award for “the most outstanding contribution in the field of space transportation in 2007/2008”. Musk was recognized for his design of the Falcon 1, the first privately developed liquid-fuel rocket to reach orbit. [non-primary source needed]
• National Wildlife Federation 2008 National Conservation Achievement award for Tesla and SolarCity. Other 2008 recipients include journalist Thomas Friedman, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT), and Florida Governor Charlie Crist.
• National Space Society’s Von Braun Trophy in 2008/2009, given for leadership of “the most significant achievement in space”. Prior recipients include Burt Rutan and Steve Squyres.
• Listed as one of Time’s 100 people who most affected the world in 2010.
• The world governing body for aerospace records, Fédération Aéronautique Internationale, presented Musk in 2010 with the highest award in air and space, the FAI Gold Space Medal, for designing the first privately developed rocket to reach orbit. Prior recipients include Neil Armstrong, Burt Rutan of Scaled Composites and John Glenn.
• Named as one of the 75 most influential people of the 21st century by Esquire magazine.
• Recognized as a Living Legend of Aviation in 2010 by the Kitty Hawk Foundation for creating the successor to the Space Shuttle (Falcon 9 rocket and Dragon spacecraft). Other recipients include Buzz Aldrin and Richard Branson.
• In February 2011, Forbes listed Musk as one of “America’s 20 Most Powerful CEOs 40 And Under.”
• In June 2011, Musk was awarded the US$250,000 Heinlein Prize for Advances in Space Commercialization
• In 2012, Musk was awarded the Royal Aeronautical Society’s highest award: a gold medal.
• In 2013, Musk was named the Fortune Businessperson of the year for SpaceX, SolarCity, and Tesla.
• Awarded the President’s award for Exploration and Technology of the Explorers Club at the annual gala on March 16, 2014.
• In 2014, Elon Musk was honored with an Edison Achievement Award for his “commitment to innovation throughout his career”.
• 2015 at Yale’s 314th Commencement Ceremony, received Honorary Doctorate in Engineering and Technology.
• In 2015, he was awarded IEEE Honorary Membership.
• In June 2016, Business Insider named Musk one of the “Top 10 Business Visionaries Creating Value for the World” along with Mark Zuckerberg and Sal Khan.
• In May 2017, Musk was awarded the Oslo Business for Peace Award.
• In 2018, Musk was ranked 25th on Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People.
• Musk was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society (FRS) in 2018.
• Listed among the Time 100 Most Influential People in the World in 2010, 2013, 2018 and 2021.
• Musk was awarded as member (fifth class) of the Most Admirable Order of the Direkgunabhorn on March 4, 2019, for his contribution in the rescue at Tham Luang cave, Chiang Rai Province, Thailand.
• In 2019, Musk was awarded the Starmus Festival’s Stephen Hawking Medal for Science Communication.
• Musk was listed joint first on the Forbes list of the “Most Innovative Leaders of 2019”.
• Musk was cited as one of the Top 100 most influential Africans by New African magazine in 2020.
• On December 1, 2020, Musk was awarded the Axel Springer Award.
• Musk ranked No.1 on Businessperson Of The Year 2020 List By Fortune Magazine.
• On January 7, 2021, Musk was ranked as the wealthiest person in the world according to Bloomberg.
• On January 10, 2021, Musk was ranked #1 on Forbes’ Billionaires List.
• Financial Times named Musk 2021 Person of the Year for his contribution to accelerate the world’s auto industry towards EVs.
• Musk added to Newsweek Hall of fame for his disruption in Auto and Space Industry.
• On December 13, 2021 Time magazine named Musk Person of the Year.
• On February 9, 2022 National Academy of Engineering announced that Musk was among their new, peer-elected, members, an award considered to be among the highest professional distinctions accorded to an engineer, “for breakthroughs in the design, engineering, manufacturing, and operation of reusable launch vehicles and sustainable transportation and energy systems”.
• On May 20, 2022, Musk was awarded with the Medal of Order of Merit for Defense by the Brazilian government after negotiating the launch of the Starlink internet service in the Amazon rainforest.