Hello guys, welcome to my tech post. Computer glasses are eyeglasses specifically designed for viewing computers, tablets and smartphones. Computer glasses are intended for close-up tasks only.
With so many jobs now being computer-oriented, looking after your eyes has never been so important. Staring at a screen for a long period of time can cause blurred vision, eye strain and other ailments known collectively as computer vision syndrome (CVS).
It is estimated that anywhere between 75 to 90 percent of computer users suffer from digital eye strain. Therefore taking steps to protect your eyes is necessary to help reduce risks of further vision problems in the future. Choosing the right glasses can be the first step towards protecting against digital eye strain.
Computer Glasses: What Are The Risks For Your Eyes In Front Of Screens?
Just two hours of staring at a screen can cause eye strain, and it’s estimated that people spend on average around seven hours behind screens daily. Prolonged time in front of screens can cause:
• Blurred vision
• Red/irritated eyes
• Eye strain
• Dry eyes
What Are the Solutions to Digital Eye Strain?
The obvious answer is to stop looking at screens, but that’s simply not possible for most people. Many jobs involve working on computers and the widespread use of smartphones means we’re not putting our screens down anytime soon. And there are 10 ways your phone could put you in dangers
Fortunately, there’s new lens technology that helps to protect against the harmful effects of screens; they are referred to as computer glasses like Eyezen. Using these and taking measures to help reduce the risks of eye strain (outlined at the end of this article) will help prevent the adverse effects on your eyes of living in the digital age.
How Computer Glasses Works
If you wear prescription glasses, it’s important to have regular eye tests to ensure they’re still the right glasses for you. Any inaccuracies in your vision and prescribed lenses can cause more vision problems when dealing with computers. Eyezen lenses are computer glasses made to protect your eyes while you work on your computer, tablet or smartphone.
They can help you see your screen more clearly, whether it be large or small, and can help protect your eyes from the harmful blue light given out by computer screens. These specially designed glasses for computer users can help you to see your screen more clearly, reducing squinting and tiredness. Eyezen glasses are available as prescription or nonprescription, so you can wear them even if you don’t normally need to wear glasses.
How To Alleviate Eye Strain
Eye strain is not only caused by overuse of screens but also by prolonged periods of reading and straining to see in certain lighting. It can result in tired eyes, redness, dryness, headaches and neck and back pain. Here are some tips to help reduce these problems:
• Check your lighting – eye strain can be caused by bright office lighting or light coming in through windows. Close blinds where possible and turn your computer so the light is to the side instead of in front or behind. Overhead fluorescent lights can cause challenges to the eyes for many office workers, but halogen or indirect incandescent lamps may be easier on the eye.
• Set up your desk properly – your screen should be about 20-30 inches away from your face, or arm’s length. The top of your monitor should be at eye level.
• Adjust your display settings – The brightness of your screen should be around the same brightness level as your surroundings. Ensure the text is at a comfortable size when reading, so be sure to zoom in to avoid straining.
• Eye exercises – blink regularly (it moistens your eyes), take regular breaks and remember to look away from the screen. It may sound obvious, but we spend hours forgetting to even look up, too absorbed in our work. Aim to look away from your screen every 20 minutes for at least 20 seconds and turn your gaze towards the distance (out of a window if possible)
• Protect your eyes – wear computer glasses
When you’re a computer user it’s even more important to have regular eye tests. Find out more information about computer glasses online here.In the event that you cannot remember your own phone number, read