For some time now, we have been exploring the powers, wonders and magic of fruits, beverages and food-like items for our beauty and today, we will be looking at 7 things banana can do for your beauty.
Not only do these fruits have numerous beauty benefits when added to your beauty routine, they are 100 percent natural and very effective.
MORE TIPS: Health Benefits of Banana Flower to Humans
Banana contains Vitamin A, B6, C, E, Potassium, Zinc, Lectin and Amino Acid which all play significant role in skin care and beauty. Potassium hydrates and moisturizes dehydrated skin, B-vitamins protect against free radicals that cause oxidative stress and premature aging, Vitamin A heals dry, withered skin, fades acne scars and dark spots and smoothens aging skin.
Zinc fights acne causing germs, Vitamin C is necessary for the production of collagen and it fights off free radicals for skin oil control.
Vitamin E helps to protect the skin from UV damage, slows down the process of aging and fights free radical damage to skin cells. Lectin destroy bacteria that cause acne and pimples while Amino Acid nourishes the skin, strengthens connective tissue and helps maintain skin elasticity and strength.
So, you see banana is so rich in powerful antioxidants, phytochemicals and moisture which will help to nourish and revitalize dry skin, smoothen rough and aging skin, control oil control and reduce skin breakouts.
The use of banana in today’s beauty DIY episode will be considered in three various categories – the skin/ face, the hair and the teeth. Now speaking of the benefits under these categories, here are what the banana can do for you.
The rich level of potassium and moisture in banana makes it a good moisturizer for the skin, to keep the skin healthy and hydrated. This helps those who have dry skin as well as oily skin. The banana skin mask gives immediate effect on the skin, making it soft and supple.
2. Lightening and Dark Spots Removal
Dark spots can be a pain in the ass, not only the face. They can be so notorious and adamant that they do not leave in a long time and are very challenging to get rid of.
Banana may be the solution that you have been looking for as the Vitamin A present in it is an effective acne scars and dark spots removal on the skin and face.
3. Oil Control
Banana has amazing exfoliation properties that help get rid of excess sebum from the skin. Vitamin C also makes up for much of these exfoliation properties.
4. Acne and Pimples Removal
Bananas, especially its peels are an excellent remedy to get rid of pimples and acne. The Lectin in banana, as explained earlier, works effectively in destroying the bacteria that causes acne and pimples. Zinc is highly concentrated on the peels and is also very effective in fighting acne.
5. Skin Glow
Banana glow mask is suitable for all skin types as it has both anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties. It helps to cleanse, exfoliate and nourish the skin, keeping it hydrated, healthy and giving you the needed glow.
6. Healthy hair
Banana, when used for hair treatment provides the hair strands the necessary nutrients needed to flourish and also be moist. It restores dry and damaged hair strands, improves the scalp and strengthen the hair follicles.
It also regulates the production of sebum (oil in the hair), promotes the regeneration of hair follicles, accelerate hair growth and protects the hair from the harms of exposure to element and other chemical-based products.
7. Dental Care
The high level of potassium, manganese, and magnesium in banana peels poses it as a very potent natural remedy for dental problems. Banana peel is majorly used for teeth whitening.
Now that we know what this amazing tropical fruit can do for us, let’s see the masks you can make to achieve all of these beauty benefits.
1. For moisturizing, mash sliced ripe bananas into a smooth paste in a bowl. Apply mask on face/skin, avoiding the eye and mouth area. Leave on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing the mask with cold water.
2. For wrinkles removal and anti-aging, mash one banana with a teaspoon of thick yogurt, a teaspoon of orange juice and mix thoroughly to form a paste. Apply on the face and skin. Leave the mask on the skin for about 20 minutes before rinsing your face thoroughly with cold water.
3. For dark spot, apply mashed banana to the affected areas of the skin twice a week. Leave for about 10 minutes before rinsing off.
4. For oil control, mash one ripe banana in a bowl, add in a tablespoon of honey and half teaspoon of lemon juice and mix well. Apply on the skin and let it sit for around 15 minutes before rinsing off with cold water or wet cloth.
5. For acne and pimples, mix mashed banana, turmeric, and honey in a bowl and apply on the affected part of the skin with a gently rub. Wash off the face with cold water and pat dry with a clean towel… do not rubbing. This mask will not only treat acne and get rid of pimples but also brighten and moisturize your skin.
6. For your hair, mash ripe banana (with no signs of rotting) with milk, two tablespoons of lemon, two tablespoons of honey and some avocado (for dry hair). Use optimally ripe bananas for your hair; they should not have signs of rotting. Apply mixture on wet unwashed hair and leave for about 10 minutes. You can cover with nylon or shower cap, then wash off.
7. For exfoliation, mix mashed banana with coconut oil and oatmeal and rub on the skin. Leave it to dry, then wash off the skin.
8. To treat cracked heels, soak your feet in warm lemon water and massage them with mashed banana for the best effect. Rinse off with clean water afterwards and repeat process to maintain the smoothness for longer.
9. For skin glow, mix mashed banana, olive oil, and a tablespoon of the pureed avocado mixture (for dry skin) and mashed banana, honey, and lemon juice for oily skin.
10. For dents whitening, strip the peel of a banana and rub the inside on your teeth until they are covered with a layer of the paste. Leave on your teeth for about 10 minutes without closing your as you would normally. Repeat daily for maximum effect.