The use of honey in skincare has been around for thousands of years. It was even a favourite for royals in China, Egypt and Greece. They all discovered that honey was a vital beauty ingredient and that same line of thought has never changed to date.
There are so many natural beauty remedies today but honey is definitely still part of the top list for many reasons. It’s suitable for every skin type, it’s easily available and most importantly, it works!
If you’ve never considered adding this sweet gift from nature to your beauty regimen, ‘honey’ you’ve been missing out. Hopefully this list of benefits will give you enough reasons to start using it today.
1. Anti-aging benefits: Everybody would love to have young and vibrant skin forever. That may not be possible but you can always slow down the process by using honey. It’s known to be one of the most powerful sources of antioxidants which could make the fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging fade.
Read Also: 6 Beauty Hacks To Help Make Your Braids Last Longer
2. Powerful hydration: Dry skin is one of the most common skin problems out here. It’s a stubborn condition but you actually don’t have to struggle looking for the perfect hydrator when you could use such a simple ingredient like honey. It attracts moisture to your skin, which makes it retain more of it throughout.
3. It’s an antibacterial: Skin infections can pop up every now and then. Bacteria can overgrow on certain areas leaving you with patchy skin. Honey will come to your rescue because it’s a natural antibacterial agent that prevents and heals skin infections.
4. It prevents breakouts: There’s nothing more annoying that waking up on a bright, beautiful morning only to notice a huge pimple on your forehead. They come unexpectedly and there’s nothing that can conceal those pimples perfectly. Thanks to honey’s anti-inflammatory properties, you’ll have fewer breakouts if you add it to your beauty regimen consistently.
5. It’s a scar treatment: The blemishes left behind after a breakout are usually hard to clear. These are the dark spots and discolored marks that are visible especially if you’re prone to acne breakouts. The healing properties of honey accelerate the healing process. Even in the ancient times, it was a popular traditional medicine.
6. Sun burn cure: Aside from treating breakout scars, honey can also be effective in the treatment of sun burns. Radiation from the sun has no mercy once it lands on your skin so you might end up with painful patches once in a while. Honey will soothe your skin, reduce the inflammation and fade the sunburn scars.
7. It cleanses your skin: Honey also has some cleansing enzymes that eliminate dirt from clogged pores on the skin. This is a great option because it’s very mild yet very effective. This could be your new, natural make up remover too.
8. It also exfoliates: Most people love chemical exfoliators. But it’s time that you give honey a chance. It will clear out the dead cells and hydrate your skin at the same time. If your skin is very sensitive and you don’t want to risk using chemicals or anything strong, use honey.
9. It’s a toner: For vibrant, even skin tone, honey is your go to solution. It’s the perfect maintenance remedy for all your skin care needs because of all the properties it has. Its abundant composition of vitamins, minerals and amino acids give you a healthy glow.
10: It’s Can Become your facemark: You can use honey directly as a mask or face wash. You could also mix it with other kitchen ingredients like milk or brown sugar into a cleanser, mask or scrub. Another option is buying honey infused products.
Just make sure you do a test first in case you’re allergic.
Photo Credit: Getty