In this post, I will be sharing with the best 3 web analytics plugins for WordPress. WordPress is the best and most used blogging platform in the world today.
It has so many mouth watering features; of which web analytics Plugins is just few; the version 4.5 that recently came is awesome.
One thing that make WordPress unique is the array of plugin at its disposal, and in this post, I want to talk about analytical plugins.
To be precise, I want to talk about web analytics Plugins, and I am narrowing this post to the very 3 best of web analytics Plugins for WordPress.
Analytical plugins are used to track and improve your website or blog. But remember that you cannot improve what you cannot measure. Therefore, web analytics Plugins brings to limelight the things that are going on in your site when visitors arrive.
If you are new to working with Analytics for WordPress, then I recommend you check out these articles we have written to help you get up to speed:
Without much talk let’s look at 3 of the best web analytics plugins for WordPress.
1. Google Analyticator
Google Analyticator makes it super easy to view Google Analytics within your WordPress dashboard. This eliminates the need to edit your template code to begin logging. Google Analyticator also includes several widgets for displaying Analytics data in the admin and on your blog.
One of the most popular WordPress plugins for Google Analytics! Over 3.5+ million downloads.
Google Analyticator Has the Following Features:
• Supports Universal (analytics.js) and traditional analytics (ga.js)
• Includes an admin dashboard widget that displays a graph of the last 30 days of visitors, a summary of site usage, the top pages, the top referrers, and the top searches
• Includes a widget that can be used to display visitor stat information on the front-end
• Supports outbound link tracking of all links on the page, including links not managed by WordPress
• Supports download link tracking
• Shortcodes to show off your Google Analytics stats publicly
• Supports event tracking with outbound links / downloads instead of the old pageview tracking method
• Support site speed tracking
• Allows hiding of Administrator visits without affecting Google Analytics’ site overlay feature
• Supports any advanced tracking code Google provides
• Installs easily – unlike other plugins, the user doesn’t even have to know their Analytics UID
• Provides complete control over options; disable any feature if needed
• Supports localization – get the settings page in your language of choice
• Ability to hide Google UID dropdown
• Translations – Polish, Turkish, Dutch and Spanish. Visit page here
2. Google Analytics by MonsterInsights
The Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights allows you to track your blog easily and always stays up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics.
Upgrade to MonsterInsights Premium If you need support or want to use custom dimensions, upgrade to Google Analytics by MonsterInsights Pro today!
Full list of features:
• Simple installation through integration with Google Analytics API: authenticate, select the site you want to track and you’re done.
• This plugin uses the universal or the asynchronous Google Analytics tracking code, the fastest and most reliable tracking code Google Analytics offers.
• Gives you incredibly nice visitor metric dashboards right in your WordPress install.
• Option to enable demographics and interest reports.
• Outbound link & downloads tracking.
• Configurable options to track outbound links either as pageviews or as events.
Note for Beginners
Like all WordPress plugins, Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is only available for self-hosted WordPress sites. This means you will need to switch from WordPress.com to WordPress.org if you want to use this plugin on your WordPress site.
For more details, see this infographic on self hosted WordPress.org vs free WordPress.com. Visit page here
3. Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
This Google Analytics for WordPress plugin enables you to track your site using the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows you to view key Google Analytics reports in your WordPress install.
Google Analytics Real-Time
Google Analytics reports, in real-time, in your dashboard screen:
• Real-time number of visitors
• Real-time acquisition channels
• Real-time traffic sources details
Google Analytics Reports
The Google Analytics reports you need, on your dashboard, in your All Posts and All Pages screens, and on site’s frontend:
• Sessions, organic searches, page views, bounce rate analytics reports
• Locations, pages, referrers, keywords analytics reports
• Traffic channels, social networks, traffic mediums, search engines analytics reports
• Device categories, browsers, operating systems, screen resolutions, mobile brands analytics reports
• User access control over analytics reports
Google Analytics Basic Tracking
Installs the latest Google Analytics tracking code and allows full code customization:
• Switch between Universal Google Analytics and Classic Google Analytics code
• IP address anonymization
• Enhanced link attribution
• Remarketing, demographics and interests tracking
• Google AdSense linking
• Page Speed sampling rate control
• Cross domain tracking
• Exclude user roles from tracking. Visit page here
Do you think I didn’t do justice to some more web analytics Plugins, Did I miss any out? Please use the comment box below to leave your feedback.