4 Most Effective WordPress Social Media Plugin
The importance of social media plugin cannot be overemphasized. Traffic! Traffic!! Traffic!!! Is the heart desire of every blogger, it is the most important thing for every blogger no matter who you are, whatever your blog is about and whoever your audience are.
The exponential growth of social media has even made it more possible for new and old bloggers alike to get their site recognized and quickly circulated by engaging a social media plugin.
But this social media benefits will elude you if some vital social media plugin are not engaged; they are also referred to as: Social share buttons, share buttons, social media share etc.
You will agree with me that the competition in the blogging industry is very high therefore these days, it is therefore necessary that you to find a way to make your blog go viral within the shortest possible time; and a social media plugin will help you achieve this.
WordPress has endless number of social media plugins with diverse functionalities and advantages so much that you could get totally confused about choosing the right ones.
Therefore, I am presenting you 4 top WordPress social media plugins that you can trust and start using now to help promote your blog and drive the needed traffic to your site.
1. Social Media Plugin – Social Media and Share Icons (Ultimate Social Media)
Social Media and Share Icons also called “Ultimate Social Media” let’s you add icons for RSS, Email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube, ‘Share’ (covering 200+ other social media platforms) and upload custom icons of your choice.
This social media plugin offers a wide range of options, for example you can:
• Pick from 16 different designs for your social media icons
• Give several actions to one social media icon (e.g. your Facebook icon can lead visitors to your Facebook page, and also give visitors the opportunity to like your page)
• Decide to give your social media icons an animation (e.g. automatic shuffling, mouse-over effects) to make your visitors aware of them, increasing the chance that they follow/share your blog
• Make your social media icons ‘float’ or ‘sticky’
• Allow visitors to subscribe to your blog by Email
• Add ‘counts’ to your social media icons
• Decide to display a pop-up (on all or only on selected pages) asking people to follow/share you via your social media icons
• Decide to display sharing-buttons and social media icons at the end of every post
• Select from many other customization features for your social media icons!
The social media plugin is very easy to use as it takes you through all the steps:
Step 1: Choose which social media icons you want to display
Step 2: Define what actions your social media icons should perform
Step 3: Pick design & animation options for your social media icons
Step 4: Add counts to your social media icons (optional)
Step 5: Select from various other options, e.g. make your social media icons ‘float’
Step 6: Add sharing/linking icons next to each blog post (optional)
Step 7: Add a customized pop-up asking people to follow/share (optional)
Step 8: Add a subscription form on your site (optional)
2. Social Media Plugin – Simple Share Buttons Adder
The Simple Share Buttons Adder does exactly what it says on the tin – adds share buttons to all of your posts and pages, simply.
This plugin has a dedicated website! Check out simplesharebuttons.com
Looking for even more? Checkout the Plus version!
No hotlinking to another website to slow downloading or for tracking use, it’s simple, as promised.
You can even upload and use your own custom images if you wish!
Visit make.simplesharebuttons.com to make your own custom-colored share buttons!
The Simple Share Buttons Adder utilizes features that, as a WordPress user, you will be familiar with. A self-explanatory administration screen will have you showing your Share Buttons on your posts and pages in no time!
3. Social Media Plugin – Floating Social Media Icon
This Plugin Links Social Media Icon to Your Social Media Profiles Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, Rss Feed, LinkedIn, and Google plus…
You can make the social media icons to appear automatically or you can use social media widgets, short-code or PHP code to display the social media icons where ever you like to want.
If you choose to show Social Media Icon automatically, the icons will fly from top left to bottom right and the social media icons will stay there even if user scrolls the page, thus it floats
The features of this social media plugin are:
★ 20+ Icon Themes
★ Set Icon Size & Order
★ Easy to Configure
★ Multiple Widget & Shortcode Support
★ Auto/Manual Integration
★ Enable/Disable Floating
★ Most Downloaded Floating Social Network Plugin.
★ Less Load – Essential Social Media Only
★ Detailed Help Documentation
★ Featured Plugin on Many Plugin Review Sites
4. Social Media Plugin – Social Media Feather
These are lightweight social media sharing and follow buttons. WordPress Social Media Feather is a super lightweight free social media WordPress plugin that allows you to quickly and painlessly add social sharing and following features to all your posts, pages and custom post types.
The plugin supports adding of social buttons for sharing or following (that is, social buttons that link to your social network profiles pages). The social media buttons can be easily and automatically be added to all your posts, pages or any other custom post types.
Now the only social sharing and bookmarking plugin with full support for the Retina and high resolution displays as used in iPad 5 and other devices!
This social media plugin Features are:
• Integrated WordPress social sharing for all your posts
• Full support for Retina and high resolution displays
• WordPress social sharing and following widgets
• Supports all major providers of social features
• Sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, Pinterest, Tumblr, Linkedin and e-mail
• Following on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Linkedin, YouTube, tumblr, instagram, flickr, foursquare, vimeo or RSS Feed
• Each social provider can be enabled or disabled
• Ability to select what services each provider will be exposed for
• Full customization for titles and URLs for each provider
• Super lightweight social sharing and following
• Fast unobtrusive social bookmarks for your site
• Comes with a default modern icon set
• For further customization more social icons skins are available
• Available skins can be customized with cool effects like fading and graying out social icons
• If you like them you can get social sharing counters that load dynamically, only when necessary, thus not weighing in on visitors who don’t use them
Hope these 4 social media plugins will meet your most blogging needs and bring out the best in your blog.